If you are a part of the business marketing world then no doubt you have come across the term “Search Engine Optimisation” (SEO).
SEO is not something you want to overlook – as it is an essential component of any successful online marketing strategy.
SEO can help your business improve its online visibility, gain more organic traffic to your website, and ultimately increase your revenue! Who wouldn’t want that right?
If you have decided that SEO is what your business needs, the next step is finding out about the costs.
Many businesses are unsure about how much they should expect to pay for SEO services in the UK.
Maybe you are wondering how much SEO costs UK?
That’s why Get-Found has got you covered.
In this 2023 ultimate Google guide, We will explore the factors that influence the cost of SEO and provide some insights into what businesses can expect to pay for digital marketing services.
THINKING ABOUT SEO? CONTACT US TODAY TO GET STARTED!
SEO Pricing UK
If you are paying for a service, you want to get your money’s worth, right?
Generally, businesses should expect to pay a minimum of £2000-£6000 per month for basic SEO services such as keyword research, technical SEO on-page optimisation.
However, for more comprehensive campaigns that include link building, content creation, and ongoing monitoring and analysis, businesses should be prepared to pay significantly more.
Remember that the SEO pricing factors can vary depending on several factors, including the size of the business, the level of competition in the industry, the scope of the SEO campaign, and the experience and expertise of the SEO provider.
An important factor to consider is the experience and expertise of the SEO Agency.
While it may be tempting to choose a provider with low prices, you should be cautious of agencies who offer extremely low prices as this may be an indication of low-quality, rushed services.
On the other hand, businesses should also be wary of providers who charge excessively high prices, as this may not necessarily guarantee better results.
It is important to choose an SEO provider who has a proven track record of success and who can provide references and case studies to support their claims (like us!).
When hiring an agency to bolster your SEO efforts, make sure you ask the right questions to them first before making any formal agreement.
How Do I Know If SEO Is Worthwhile For My Business?
Determining whether SEO is worthwhile for your business depends on a few key factors, such as your business goals, target audience, competition, and budget.
Here are some factors to consider when deciding if SEO is worthwhile for your business:
Business Goals: What are your business goals and how can SEO help you achieve them?
For example, if you want to increase website traffic, generate more leads or sales, or improve brand visibility, SEO can help you achieve these goals.
Target Audience: Who is your target audience and where are they searching for products or services like yours?
If your target audience is using search engines like Google to find products or services, then SEO can help you reach them.
Competition: How competitive is your industry and how strong is your competition’s online presence?
If your competitors are already investing in SEO, then it may be worthwhile for your business to invest in SEO to stay competitive.
Budget: How much can you afford to spend on SEO services?
While SEO can be a cost-effective marketing strategy in the long run, it does require an initial investment. You should determine whether the potential return on investment (ROI) justifies the cost of SEO services for your business.
In addition to these factors, it can be helpful to conduct a website audit to identify any areas where SEO can improve your website’s performance. This includes optimising on-page elements like title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags, improving website load speed, and ensuring your website is mobile-friendly.
It is also important to consider that SEO is a long-term strategy that requires ongoing effort and investment to see results.
While you may see some improvements in your website’s search engine rankings and traffic within the first few months of implementing SEO, it can take several months to a year or more to see significant results.
Ultimately, the decision to invest in SEO for your business should be based on careful consideration of your business goals, target audience, competition, and budget.
SEO can help you achieve your business goals if you have the resources to invest in ongoing SEO services, which will make investing in SEO worthwhile!
How Much Should I Expect To Pay For SEO?
The cost of SEO services can vary widely depending on the agency or consultant you choose, the scope of the project, and the level of competition in your industry.
Here are some general pricing ranges you can expect to see for SEO services in the UK:
Hourly Rates: Some SEO agencies and consultants charge by the hour, with rates typically ranging from £75 to £200 per hour. This pricing structure may be best for smaller projects or one-time SEO consultations.
Monthly Retainers: Many SEO agencies offer ongoing monthly SEO services, with prices typically ranging from £500 to £5,000 per month.
The cost of monthly retainers can vary based on the level of service you require, such as the number of keywords you want to target, the level of competition in your industry, the amount of content you want to produce and if you are looking to integrate services like local SEO and social media management into your package.
Project-Based Pricing: For larger SEO projects, some agencies may offer project-based pricing.
This pricing structure typically involves a one-time fee for a specific set of services, such as a comprehensive website audit, keyword research and analysis, or website optimisation.
Project-based pricing can range from a few hundred pounds to several thousand pounds.
When evaluating the cost of SEO services, it’s important to consider the level of experience and expertise of the agency or consultant you choose, as well as the scope of services they offer.
A more experienced and reputable agency may charge a higher rate, but they may also be able to deliver more comprehensive and effective SEO services.
Ultimately, the cost of SEO services will depend on your specific business needs and goals.
It’s important to carefully evaluate the pricing and services of several different agencies or consultants before deciding to ensure that you are getting the best value for your investment.
What Are The 3 SEO Pricing Structures?
The three main SEO pricing structures are per hour, per month, and per project.
Here’s a bit more detail on each of these:
With this pricing structure, the SEO agency charges a set rate for each hour of work performed. This can be a good option for businesses that need occasional or limited SEO services, or who want to work with an SEO expert on a short-term basis.
Hourly rates can vary widely depending on the experience and expertise of the SEO provider, but you can typically expect to pay anywhere from £50 to £300 or more per hour.
Monthly SEO pricing involves paying a set fee each month for ongoing SEO services. This pricing structure is often used for more comprehensive SEO strategies that require ongoing optimisation, monitoring, and reporting.
Monthly rates can vary depending on the level of service being provided, but you can typically expect to pay anywhere from £500 to £5,000 or more per month.
Project-based SEO pricing involves paying a set fee for a specific SEO project, such as a website technical audit, keyword research, on-page optimisation, getting ranked in Google’s 3 map pack’ with local SEO.
(If you’d like to know how local SEO works, check out our ultimate guide to local SEO
This pricing structure can be a good option for businesses that have a specific goal in mind or who are working with a limited budget.
Project-based rates can vary widely depending on the scope of work, but you can typically expect to pay anywhere from a few hundred pounds to several thousand pounds or more.
When choosing an SEO pricing structure, it’s important to consider your business’s specific needs and goals, as well as your budget.
Be sure to work with a reputable SEO provider who can provide you with clear pricing and a breakdown of the services being offered.
How Much Does SEO Cost Per Month?
The cost of SEO services per month again varies widely depending on the agency or consultant you choose, the level of competition in your industry, and the scope of services you require.
However, as a general guideline, here are some typical price ranges for monthly SEO retainers in the UK:
Local SEO: Local SEO typically targets a specific geographic area, and prices can range from around £500 to £1,500 per month.
International SEO: International SEO targets a larger audience and new markets in other countries., Prices can range from around £1,500 to £5,000 per month.
E-commerce SEO: E-commerce SEO focuses on optimising an online store to drive long term product sales. Prices can range from around £1,500 to £10,000 per month.
Technical SEO: A technical site audit is a comprehensive review of your website to identify any technical issues that may be impacting your search engine rankings. Prices for a technical site audit can range from around £500 to £2,000, depending on the size and complexity of your website.
How Much Does SEO Cost Per Hour In The UK?
On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from £75 to £200 per hour for SEO services in the UK.
However, keep in mind that some agencies may have a minimum number of hours required for each project, which could impact the overall cost.
It’s important to note that hourly pricing structures are not the most common way of pricing SEO services in the UK.
Most agencies tend to offer fixed monthly pricing packages based on the scope of work required and the level of competition in the industry.
This can provide greater transparency and predictability in terms of cost, as well as a more focused and effective approach to SEO.
When evaluating SEO agencies, it’s important to look beyond just the hourly rate and consider factors such as the agency’s reputation, experience, and track record of delivering results.
A good SEO agency should be able to provide you with a clear and detailed plan for improving your search engine rankings, as well as ongoing reporting and analysis to track your progress and ROI.
With the right SEO strategy and pricing structure, you can improve your online visibility, attract more traffic to your website, and grow your business over time. Contact Get-Found today to find out how we can help you.
How Much Does SEO Cost Per Project?
Project-based pricing can be a great option for businesses that are working with a limited budget or who want to test the waters with an SEO agency before committing to a longer-term engagement.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that project-based SEO may not provide the same ongoing benefits as a more comprehensive and ongoing SEO strategy.
Ultimately, the decision to use project-based SEO pricing depends on the specific needs and goals of your business, as well as the level of ongoing support and monitoring that you require.
When evaluating SEO agencies that offer project-based pricing, be sure to ask about the specific KPIs that they will be targeting, as well as the expected timeline and results.
Project-based SEO pricing is a pricing structure in which an SEO company charges a fixed amount to complete a specific SEO project, regardless of the time it takes to complete the work.
This pricing structure is often used for smaller SEO projects that have a clear scope of work, such as website audits, keyword research, or on-page optimisation.
Project-based pricing can be a good option for businesses that have a clear understanding of what they need to improve their SEO, and who are looking for a predictable cost for that work.
One of the main advantages of project-based SEO pricing is that it has a clear beginning and end, and is typically focused on achieving specific KPIs (key performance indicators). This can make it a good option for businesses that have a specific goal in mind, such as improving their website’s on-page optimisation, conducting a website audit, or developing a content strategy.
When evaluating SEO agencies that offer project-based pricing, it’s important to look for transparency in the pricing and the scope of work included.
A reputable agency should be able to provide you with a detailed breakdown of the work they will perform, as well as a timeline for completion and an estimate of the expected results. Be sure to also consider the agency’s experience, expertise, and reputation when making a decision.
How Much Does SEO Cost For Small Businesses?
The cost of SEO for small businesses can vary widely depending on several factors, including the level of competition in your industry, the scope of work required, and the experience and expertise of the agency you hire.
Generally speaking, small businesses can expect to pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand pounds per month for SEO services.
A small business with a relatively simple website and minimal competition may be able to get by with a basic SEO package, which could cost around £500 – £1,000 per month.
However, if your business operates in a highly competitive industry or has a more complex website, you may need a more advanced SEO package, which could cost upwards of £2,000 per month or more.
It’s important to keep in mind that investing in SEO is a long-term strategy, and it can take several months to see results. So, while SEO may seem like a significant expense in the short term, it can ultimately pay off in the form of increased traffic, leads, and sales over time.
When considering the cost of SEO for your small business, it’s also important to look beyond just the price tag and consider the value that an experienced and reputable SEO agency can bring to your business. A good SEO agency should be able to provide you with a detailed plan and strategy for improving your search engine rankings, as well as regular reporting and analysis to track your progress and ROI.
What Is Included In A SEO Package With Get-Found?
What Parts Of SEO Can I Do Myself?
While many technical aspects of SEO may require the expertise of an SEO professional, there are also several components of SEO that you can do yourself, even if you have limited technical knowledge.
Here are some parts of SEO that you can do yourself:
- Keyword Research: You can conduct keyword research to identify the search terms that are relevant to your business and your target audience. You can use free tools like Google Keyword Planner or Ubersuggest to find keywords that have a high search volume and low competition.
- On-page SEO: You can optimise your website’s content and structure to make it more search engine friendly. This includes optimising your title tags, meta descriptions, header tags, and internal linking.
- Content Creation: Creating high-quality content is a critical component of SEO. You can create blog posts, articles, infographics, videos, and other types of content that are useful and relevant to your target audience.
- Local SEO: If you have a local business, you can optimise your website for local search by claiming your Google My Business listing, adding your business information to local directories, and creating location-based content.
- Link Building: You can build links to your website by reaching out to other websites in your industry and asking them to link to your content.
- Social Media Marketing: You can use social media to promote your content and engage with your target audience. This can help increase your website’s visibility and drive traffic to your site.
Whilst it is possible to do these tasks yourself, it will take you months if not years to master – and that is doing it full time.
If you have the time and passion to learn, SEO is a brilliant skill to add to your arsenal.
However, most business owners are looking to optimise their time and outsource the things that they are not experts in, so they can focus on where their own specialism lies.
That is why hiring an SEO agency can do wonders for your business. It can help you generate results 10 times faster, whilst giving you time to invest into the parts of your business that require the most attention.
What You Should Get With Various Tiers Of SEO
The pricing tiers can vary greatly depending on the scope of work and the level of expertise and experience of the agency.
Here is a breakdown of what you should expect to get with various tiers of SEO:
Cheap SEO services typically offer a limited scope of work and may use questionable tactics that could ultimately harm your website’s search engine rankings.
Here are some things you might expect from cheap SEO:
- Limited Keyword Research: Cheap SEO providers may only focus on a handful of keywords, which may not be the most effective for your business.
- Poor Quality Content: Content is a key component of SEO, but cheap providers may produce low-quality, keyword-stuffed content that provides little value to users.
- Minimal On-Page Optimisation: On-page optimisation involves making changes to your website’s structure and content to improve its search engine visibility. Cheap providers may only perform minimal on-page optimisation, which could limit your site’s potential.
- Limited Link Building: Link building is an important part of SEO, but cheap providers may only offer a limited number of links from low-quality sources.
- Little To No Reporting: Cheap providers may not provide regular reporting on their work, making it difficult to measure the effectiveness of their efforts.
Mid-range SEO services offer a more comprehensive approach to SEO, with a greater focus on quality and effectiveness.
Here are some things you might expect from mid-range SEO:
- Thorough Keyword Research: Mid-range providers will perform extensive keyword research to identify the best keywords for your business and industry.
- High-Quality Content: Mid-range providers will produce high-quality, engaging content that provides value to your audience and helps to build your online reputation.
- On-Page Optimisation: Mid-range providers will perform thorough on-page optimisation to ensure that your website is structured and optimised for maximum search engine visibility.
- Quality Link Building: Mid-range providers will focus on building high-quality, authoritative links from reputable sources, which can help to improve your search engine rankings and drive more traffic to your site.
- Regular Reporting: Mid-range providers will provide regular reporting on their work and the results they have achieved, giving you a clear picture of the effectiveness of their efforts.
Expensive SEO services offer the most comprehensive and effective approach to SEO, with a strong focus on quality and results.
Here are some things you might expect from expensive SEO:
- Advanced Keyword Research: Expensive providers will use advanced tools and techniques to perform extensive keyword research and identify the most effective keywords for your business.
- Exceptional Content: Expensive providers will produce exceptional, high-quality content that is tailored to your audience and designed to build your online reputation and authority.
- Thorough On-Page Optimisation: Expensive providers will perform thorough on-page optimisation, including advanced techniques such as schema markup and structured data, to maximise your website’s search engine visibility.
- High-Quality Link Building: Expensive providers will focus on building high-quality, authoritative links from top-tier sources, which can significantly impact your search engine rankings and traffic.
- Advanced Reporting: Expensive providers will provide advanced reporting and analytics, using tools such as Google Analytics and SEMRush, to give you a detailed picture of the effectiveness of their efforts and the ROI of your investment.
What To Know Before Making A Decision With SEO
Before deciding on SEO, here are some important things to know:
- SEO Is A Long-Term Strategy: SEO is a marathon and not a sprint! SEO is not a quick fix, but a long-term strategy that requires patience and dedication.
It can take several months to see results, but the benefits can be significant and long-lasting.
- SEO Is Not A One-Size-Fits-All Solution: Every business has unique needs and goals, and SEO strategies should be tailored to meet those needs. A good SEO agency will work with you to develop a custom strategy that fits your business.
- SEO Requires Investment: SEO is an investment in your business, and like any investment, it requires a budget.
The cost of SEO varies depending on the scope of the project and the level of competition in your industry. It is important to have a clear understanding of your budget and what you can realistically expect in return.
- SEO Requires Collaboration: SEO is not a one-person job, but a collaborative effort between the SEO agency and your business. You will need to work closely with the agency to provide input and feedback on the strategy and to implement changes to your website and online presence.
- SEO Is Constantly Evolving: SEO is not a static process, but a constantly evolving field. Search engines are constantly updating their algorithms, and SEO strategies need to adapt to these changes. It is important to work with an agency that stays up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO.
- SEO Is More Than Just Keywords: While keywords are important in SEO, they are just one piece of the puzzle. SEO involves many different elements, including website structure, content, user experience, and backlinks.
A good SEO strategy will address all of these elements to create a comprehensive approach to improving your online visibility.
- SEO Requires Patience: SEO is not a quick fix, but a gradual process. It takes time to build up your online visibility and improve your search engine rankings. It is important to have realistic expectations and to be patient as your SEO strategy takes effect.
- SEO Is Not A Guarantee Of Success: While SEO can help improve your online visibility and drive traffic to your website, it is not a guarantee of success.
Your website and online presence need to be high-quality and engaging to convert visitors into customers. SEO is just one part of a larger digital marketing strategy.
Overall, SEO can be a powerful tool. However, it requires patience, investment, and collaboration to achieve success. Before making a decision with SEO, it is important to have a clear understanding of the process, the investment required, and what you can realistically expect in return.
So that’s that! SEO is an important aspect of any digital marketing strategy, but the cost of SEO services can vary widely depending on the type of services you require and the pricing structure you choose.
Whether you opt for hourly, monthly, or project-based SEO pricing, it’s important to work with a reputable SEO provider who can deliver the results you need at a fair and transparent price.
Be sure to do your research, set clear goals, and communicate effectively with your SEO provider to ensure that you get the most value for your investment.
With the right SEO strategy and pricing structure, you can improve your online visibility, attract more traffic to your website, and grow your business over time. Contact Get-Found today to find out the packages we offer and how we can help grow your business!